Excerpt of recommendations for Action:
35. Support the adoption of a goal on gender equality, and girls', women's, and other gender identities' empowerment and rights, as well as gender-sensitive targets and indicators to end structural causes of inequality including discriminatory social norms, practices and gender stereotypes that promote inequality between the sexes.
36. Propose to the United Nations General Assembly Open Working Group on Sustainable Development Goals a set of targets relating to young women, girls and other gender identities, consistent with existing laws, policies and practices, inter alia on ending all forms of gender- based violence, harmful traditional practices, child, early and coerced marriages and providing universal access to health including sexual and reproductive health and rights in accordance with International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) in the Post-2015 Development Agenda.
37. Urge the Member States of the United Nations to develop strategies and policies to prevent all forms of violence against women and girls including physical, emotional and economic in public and private spheres, bullying, sexual coercion and all forms of violence whatever the motivation.
38. Ensure the equal participation of girls and young women and all other young persons at all levels, including in decision-making, education, and employment, which includes equal pay for work of equal value in accordance with the respective national laws and/or policies.
39. Promote gender perspective in the formulation and implementation of youth policies and, resource allocation and budgeting, whilst also providing equal access to public assets and resources in equal partnership with young people.
40. Ensure the full engagement of men and boys as strategic partners and allies in promoting gender equality and preventing and eradicating gender based violence against women and girls, discrimination and harassment, emphasizing the need to put an end to the culture of silence surrounding gender based violence.
41. Ensure the full engagement of states and international organizations as strategic partners and allies in promoting gender equality and preventing and condemning violence, especially kidnapping of women and girls for sexual and other unlawful purposes.