Direct link: www.millennia2015.org/GHB2012
The Grand Health Bazaar 2012: "Health & Wealth partnerships at the next level..."
LiveWell Initiative, 18-20 April 2012, Lagos, Nigeria
LiveWell Initiative (LWI) is a a self-sustaining organization which empowers the people with health literacy. In its fifth year of operations, LWI has impacted the community significantly through health status enhancement. As one of its strategies to attain its Mission and Vision, LWI is organizing a unique innovative, cross-cutting carnival-like multi-sectoral international health exposition tagged 'Grand Health Bazaar GHB2012' from 18 to 20 April 2012 at the Incubator, Victoria Island, Lagos in Nigeria.
⇓ Objectives and themes of the GHB2012
⇓ Launch of Millennia2015 WeTelemed
- To foster inter-sectoral affiliations and inter-corporate networking by bringing together the Banking, Insurance, Manufacturing,
Health, Telecommunications, Food Industry, the Academia, Oil & Gas Sectors, Schools, Chambers of Commerce, Government
Agencies, and the Diplomatic Sector.
- To promote health and commerce – through a mutual synergy thus improving organisational bottomlines.
- To foster inter-corporate and corporate-to-individual Information sharing through plenary sessions; thus affording participants an
opportunity to gain from the wealth of knowledge of top-notch Discussants.
Last year, GHB2011 attracted endorsements and accolades from the following organizations, among others:
- United States Consulate General USCG endorsed GHB2011 and hosted a press briefing for LWI prior to the event
- Millennia2015, the Women's eHealth, awarded the ‘Woman of the Year Laureate' award to its Country Director in Nigeria, with
accolades to the LWI GHB2011
- GHB2011 brought together all sectors of the economy to a congruent point of synergy for healthcare with several new inter-
Expected Dignitaries / Event Itinerary
The tripartite programme, offers i)Plenary Sessions, ii) an Exposition, and, iii) A Free Health Fair for all attendees.
i) Dignitaries and Delegates: At least 300 dignitaries, including top government functionaries and key private sector players and, at least 500 corporate delegates daily are expected at the Plenaries.
ii) The Exposition: At least 80 Exhibiting companies are expected from all sectors of the economy
iii) The Health Fair: Free, personalised healthcare and drugs for at least 7,500 expected ‘walk-in' attendees.
Theme, Subthemes and Programme Plan
The theme of GHB2012 is “Health & Wealth partnerships at the next level...”. USCG is the event Patron. The plenaries, workshops and debates feature Banking, Manufacturing and Telecoms Sectors as follows:
Day 1: 18th April- Banking Sector: ‘Robust Health vs. Robust Finances; Face-Off'.CBN Governor is Chair
Day 2: 19th April- Manufacturing Sector: ‘Lean Manufacturing / Cost Cutting without Lean Products 'NACC Chairman is Chair; GE CEO is a Speaker
Day 3: 20th April- Telecoms/ICT Sector: ‘The role of mobile health (mhealth), eHealth and ICT in enhancing access to healthcare' Vodacom CEO is Chair, First Lady is Chief Guest of Honor Benefits for Exhibiting American Companies and NACC Members include but are not limited to:
- Opportunity to build new Networks, Collaborations and Partnerships.
- Exhibiting Partners shall have the priviledge of Speakership at the Podium for 5 minutes daily.
- Regular Exhibitors shall benefit from the auspicious attendance. Results will be Sales! Sales!! Sales!!!
- An Enhanced Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Profile in the eyes of the Public
- A “peep” into competition
Josephine Alumanah has given the first Millennia2015 WeHealth training about "eHealth for Pregnant Women and Child Survival Integrated Service: The Case of Rural women" to 12 selected participants on 17 April 2012.
The Millennia2015 Women and Telemedicine Network (WeTelemed) has been launched on 19 April 2012 during the International conference "Women and ICTs: Digital Inclusion for Health and Sustainable Development" from Panama by Véronique Thouvenot, head of the international working group Millennia2015 WeHealth. The event has been synchronised during an online videoconference organized with Marie-Anne Delahaut, head and founder of Millennia20515 at The Destree Institute in Namur; Véronique THouvenot, chair of Millennia2015 WeHealth and WeTelemed; Arletty Pinel, chair of the Millennia2015 Panama Community and Josephine Alumanah, chair of the Millennia2015 Nigeria community.
=> Direct link to the GHB2012 website here: http://www.livewellng.org/2012/03/27/the-grand-health-bazaar-2012/
=> Direct link to the GHB2012 itinerary here: /files/files/Publications/ITINERARY_GHB2012.pdf
=> Direct link to the GHB2012 executive summary here: /files/files/Publications/GHB2012_Executive_Summary.pdf
Direct link: www.millennia2015.org/GHB2012